Innovative Tibia Fracture Treatment
The Apex Tibial Nailing system will offer surgeons the greatest range of locking options of any nail on the market.
The Apex Tibial Nail System catalogue of products includes;
- Nail diameters from 8.5 to 13mm with lengths from 255 to 420mm
- Bone screws from 20 to 100 mm in diameter 4.5 & 5mm
- Endcaps that are flush or with extension of up to to 15mm
- Locking endcap to clamp the proximal screws
All devices are German manufactured, Type II anodised & individually sterile packed with Unique Device Identifier (UDI) to the highest quality standards.
The state of the art reusable implantation kit allows seamless nail implantation with no change from existing widely used techniques, but with vastly improved options for the surgeon and outcomes for the patient and healthcare system.
Surgeon can choose from proximal bone screw locking allowing;
- Micromotion mode, with up to 1mm of pure axial movement with no rotation-torsion
- Proximally rigid, through choosing an endcap that clamps all placed bone screws removing all axial and torsional movement
- Torsional stable dynamisation providing axial only movement
- Standard cross locked mode
All locking options can be chosen at any time during surgery in an all-in-one platform, with no added time or complexity to the implantation procedure.
Three holes are provided distally to allow the surgeon place screws in medio lateral and anterior posterior orientations.
The nail design is protected by 3 patents, 2 of which are granted, along with numerous invention disclosures and many years of know-how from the development team.